Astute, American readers will notice that the first two days of development fell on the Memorial Day weekend (a U.S. holiday).
Yeah, I spent Memorial Day weekend coding instead of barbecuing steak and being outside in the warm weather. That's the kind of coder I am, apparently. On the other hand, I had a basically functional thought-capturing app in production, and at this point I had started dog fooding it for my daily use. Not too bad for two days' work.
Even at this early stage cortex had begun to slowly replace my use of paper notes. At this point I was probably using cortex about 5% of the time, and paper the other 95%. I've come a long way in the last five weeks, as you'll see. As of this writing that percentage has basically flipped on its head, and I use cortex for almost all my notes.